Thursday, 28th March 2024 19:36
Home / Uncategorized / PCA 2015: Live it like you love it

It’s a cliché to say a picture tells a thousand words, but like many clichés there’s more than a grain of truth to it. I could easily clock up 1,000 words waxing lyrical about the fantastic quality of the photography we’re offering from the PCA, but what would be the point? You can see the pictures. You know.

NEIL0211_PCA2015_Jason_Mercier_Neil Stoddart.jpg
Chips & Cards_2015 PCA_10K Main Event_Day 1A_Giron_8JG9342.jpg
Heads Up-LAPT-Monti-0027.jpg

3,000 words’ worth of great pictures

As most poker books will tell you, it’s important to take breaks from time to time, and it was in this spirit that the hardworking blog team found itself in a local bar last night watching the NFL Playoffs. As we watched the game over a warm cup of cocoa, one of our aforementioned photographers mentioned how he felt the colour balance on the TV screens needed a tweak. I hadn’t noticed, but once he said it, I saw he was right. It got me thinking that when you love your job, you live your job. You can clock off for the day, but you can’t stop being who you are.

I had the same thought earlier today as I walked through the Tournament Room. Day 3 of the Main Event was playing out in one corner, the Americas Cup of Poker in another, while the NFL tailgate party was in full swing over in the Players’ Lounge. A group of friends were standing around an unused poker table near the center of the room, chowing down on a pizza. A hungry young man strode over to re-join the group.

“Did you save me a slice?”
“Sorry man, we had to call the clock on you”
“Oh man, bad beat!”

PCA Tournament Area_2015 PCA_10K Main Event_Day 2_Giron_7JG8167.jpg

“Hey, I think we’ve got enough players to get a game going…”

Poker has that way of getting under your skin, into your head and into your lexicon. And that’s goes double here at the PCA, where poker chat is the order of the day whether you’re lying by the pool, strolling through the marina or propping up the bar. I think it might be getting to me, too. A few hours ago, a hungry colleague told me he couldn’t decide which of two options to eat for lunch. My advice?

“Run it twice”

Follow all the action from the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure on PokerStars Blog. Everything from the Main Event is on the Main Event page and on EPT Live.

Adam Hampton is a copywriter for PokerStars

Study Poker with Pokerstars Learn, practice with the PokerStars app